Fishing off the west side of the peninsula
The Peninsula is a pleasant and quiet community of about 195 homes; a great place to live, raise children, or retire. We are only 12 minutes from downtown Traverse City, as well as just a few miles from the Interlochen Center for the Arts, and 30 minutes from Lake Michigan.
A feature that distinguishes us from other communities is the fact that there is only one road onto Long Lake Peninsula. Thus, traffic is slowed and residents are able to enjoy walking, jogging, biking, rollerblading, and even cross country skiing.
This online resource is designed to help you get to know more about the neighborhood and the people who live here.
- LLPA typically has 10 – 20+ homes participate each year.
- LLPA pays for all newspaper ads and yard sale signage, and posts free ads on various yard sale websites.
- LLPA organizes, promotes and pays for one designated yard sale day to decrease non-resident car traffic each summer.
- It’s a great way to get rid of unused items inside your house and garage as well as outdoor furniture and lake “toys” etc.
To sign up and participate please call Nicole at (231) 929-0425
Questions? Don’t hesitate to call… 🙂
When you call please provide the following:
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Items of interest to post in newspaper and online ads.
- provide sale ads in the Record-Eagle, Craigslist and Yard Sale websites.
- provide signage at the entrance to Long Lake Peninsula beginning the day before the sale that will include the sale date and time.
- post sale information on the whiteboard at the peninsula entrance and on a rolling whiteboard sign at the beginning of Outer Drive S.
Please designate a couple of off road parking spaces to help keep cars off the main roads. Remember that not everyone will be participating in the yard sales and will need to get down the peninsula roads.
Each home is encouraged to post their own free Craigslist yard sale ad with their sale items and address for greater yard sale success!
LLPA encourages participants to place a yard sale sign on their street. With seven roads on the Long Lake Peninsula yard sale shoppers can get “lost” trying to find each home.
The can/bottle recycle program is now in it’s 4th year of service. The recycle can is placed at the front entrance with a sign on it. Just place your cans/bottles into the can. A volunteer checks the container twice a week, returns any cans/bottles in the container and turns the money over to Jennifer Abel, LLPA vice-president.
The money we collect this year will be used to enhance our dredging fund for the boat launch. We collect about an average of $40-$50/week.
Thank you for your help.
“The Michigan Shoreland Stewards Program provides recognition for lakefront property owners who are protecting inland lakes through best management practices on their property.”
Become a MI Shoreland Steward – for the Good of Long Lake!
As the weather improves, we notice more traffic on the peninsula. Our winter residents have returned, construction projects are in full force and everyone seems to be out and about. The speed limit from the entrance to the top of the hill at the narrows is 15 mph. It is curvy and narrow. The rest of the peninsula is 20 mph.
We are discouraging outside walkers to reduce our liability. This is a private road for “members and guests only.” Be considerate of your neighbor; walk facing traffic, stay to one side and SLOW DOWN when driving. People driving too fast remains one of the biggest complaints here…and we are growing in numbers and residents.
Rules of the road:
- Keep safe. Always walk facing traffic. This gives you the best chance to see cars approaching you and drivers can be sure you see them.
- Please teach your children to walk on the correct side, also.
- When cycling, stay on the right, with the traffic
Thank you for driving gently and cautiously and walking safely.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Tips
Please register/update your email address at http://tinyurl.com/LLPAemail. This way we can keep you up-to-date with important information. We will not share your email address with anyone else.
When we have a vote, you can vote online using your email address.